Thursday, October 18, 2007

The eighth page.

Summer 54th, 568



I've finally met my goal of becoming a Champion. I recovered my Earthstone a short time ago, thanks to a lump of ore generously donated by my clan brother Aravir. From there, being accepted into the hall was a simple matter of attaining appropriate skill with my Fell Blade. My thanks go out to the people who showered me with ore - you're too many to name, but you all know who you are.

The Champion "hall" is really more of a cave below the barracks than anything else. The floor and walls are simple dirt, dimly lit by a few strategically placed braziers. The teachers and hangers-about have already exceeded my expectations though. Not only are they some of Puddleby's strongest, they've all been very friendly to me as well. I feel very welcomed, and very honored to be associated with the lot of them. Despite the plain decor, I think I'll fit in very well here.

As for training and my plans from here on out, I've already mastered channeling what little earth power I have into Atkite, and, as I write this, I believe I'm nearly finished learning to channel it into Darkite as well. Beyond that, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do. I'm most likely to practice with Erthron until I pass the sixth circle fighter test, then look into more exotic options. Toomeria and the Shieldstone ring come to mind.

--Largo

No comments: