Saturday, October 27, 2007

The ninth page.

Summer 59th, 568



I stepped outside of the library the other day to find that someone had upset the wendecka enough that they had invaded town. The apes were very loud and aggressive, strange because they tend to keep to themselves as long as people avoid their territory. There were Sasquatches, normal Wendecka, Silverbacks, Midnights; Even some sorts of apes that I didn't know populated any place outside of Metzetli loped out of their caves to attack us. It took hours to cut our way to and through the passes alone. If people hadn't been so enthusiastic when it came to fighting and skinning the furry creatures, we might not have made any progress at all.



When we reached the Greymyr village and began to clear it out, we were met with a nasty surprise. A very large and furious mother Wendecka, apparently the source of the commotion, began to wreak havoc on our numbers. The beast was much smarter than any I've ever seen. It wouldn't allow itself to be bricked or rodded, and it chased chainers with incredible vigor, as if it knew they were important targets. Although some people were hesitant to kill a mother Wendecka that was so obviously capable of thought, it was eventually cut down anyway. From there, ending the invasion was a simple matter of cleaning out stragglers from the places we'd missed on our first pass.

I noticed during the fighting that my training as a Champion was very useful. Chaining people away from the furious mother would have been a lot harder and more painful if I hadn't been taught to run at full speed in armor. I also very much appreciated the fact that I'm able to hit nearly all types of ape with the help of my Fell Blade and Atkite. In all, my practice is going very well. I think I'll write more about the Champion trainers and specialties in a later entry, because some people I've spoken to seem a little bit confused as to how they operate.

--Largo

No comments: