Thursday, November 13, 2008

One Ring to Lure Them All

Winter 40th, 573



I've recently come into possession of a rather strange ring. Though nearly identical to a common shieldstone in form, channeling my earth power through the thing causes it to behave in a way very divergent from my expectations. Rather than pushing creatures away from me, it pulls them closer. Curious, and potentially useful for particularly sturdy people.



Aside from the very obvious, there are a number of notable things about the way that the ring interacts with beasts. Active things, such as recluse arachne, skitter around within its pull but are unable to escape. Non aggressive breeds, such as scavenger birds, are somehow able to ignore it completely.



I've asked a few friends to try the ring on for size, and have found that only Champions are able to use it. I am no mystic, and can only speculate as to why this might be. Perhaps it only reacts to Toomeria's earth power. I hope that we are soon able to learn about, duplicate, and more efficiently use this strange contraption.



Jewelry aside for a moment. My inaugural celebration is scheduled to take place on the evening of Winter 53rd (OOC: 8:00pm EST on Sunday, November 16). You can read more about it here and here. It will almost certainly be the finest gathering that Puddleby has ever seen, and I do hope to see you there.

Yours in good faith and stunning accessories,
--Largo

No comments: